Traveling during the holidays is a headache, especially if you’re flying through one of these airports.
Surprise! We lost your luggage. Surprise! Your tray table is broken. While it seems like most airline surprises end in disappointment, a few bold airlines are delighting passengers every day with pleasing perks to make flying just a little better.
DreamTrips Vacation Club Named “North America’s Leading Travel Club” for 2014 by World Travel Awards
DreamTrips™ vacation club, one of the world’s leading travel and vacation club membership organizations, was recognized as “North America’s Leading Travel Club” for 2014 as part of the World Travel Awards (WTA)—the fourth WTA regional award for the travel club this year. The WTA Caribbean & North America’s winners were announced on Sunday, October 26.
The award acknowledges DreamTrips‘ outstanding travel club excellence in North America within the last twelve months. Industry leaders identified DreamTrips for remarkable service and product offerings. Nominees in other North America travel categories included American Airlines, Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth Quebec, Adventures by Disney and Avis.
“It’s an exceptional privilege for DreamTrips to receive its fourth regional World Travel Award,” WorldVentures Co-Founder and Chief Visionary Officer Wayne Nugent said. “Rovia, our travel agency partner, is also our partner for this success. This sequence of awards reflects our peers’ recognition of DreamTrips’ distinguished travel experiences. We value greatly the travel industry’s confidence in our product.”
Since 1993, WTA has acknowledged and celebrated excellence across all sectors of the global tourism industry. Last year, DreamTrips was named “World’s Leading Travel Club” at the 2013 WTA Grand Finals. The annual Grand Tour visited Dubai, Greece and Ecuador earlier this year, and will arrive in Morocco for the Grand Finals in November.
Conde Nast Traveler Reveals The All-New 2014 Readers’ Choice Awards: The World’s Best Hotels, Resorts, Cities, Islands, Airlines, And Cruise Lines
Conde Nast Traveler today announced the results of its 27th annual Readers’ Choice Awards, ranking the best hotels, resorts, cities, islands, airlines, and cruise lines in the world. Over 76,600 dedicated readers cast votes for 7,721 hotels, 642 cities, 453 cruise ships, and 148 islands, in an average survey time of 16.5 minutes. The result? The 1,182 best travel experiences in the world.
THE 2014 READERS’ CHOICE AWARD WINNERS:
- Top U.S. City: Charleston, S.C., is the #1 city in the U.S. for the fourth year in a row!
- Top Hotel in the U.S.: XV Beacon, Boston
- Top Resort in the U.S.: Lodge & Spa at Brush Creek Ranch, Saratoga, Wyoming
- Top Island in the World: Palawan Island, The Philippines
- Top Hotel in Europe: Il Salviatino, Florence
- Top Hotel in Asia: Ritz-Carlton Shanghai, Pudong
- Top Hotel in South America: Sofitel Legend Santa Clara Cartagena, Colombia
- Top Safari Camp: Londolozi, Sabi Sand, South Africa
- Top Airline in the World: Singapore Airlines
- Top Large Cruise Line: Disney
- Top Midsize Cruise Line: Crystal Cruises
- Top Small Cruise Line: Windstar Cruises
- Top River Cruise Line: Grand Circle Cruise Line
- Top Beach Resort in Mexico: Viceroy Riviera Maya, Playa del Carmen
- Top Beach Resort in the Caribbean: Jade Mountain, St. Lucia
- Hall of Famers, iconic properties that more than withstand the test of time
- The Newcomers and the Comebacks, new and recently refreshed properties that are destined to become future classics
NEW TRAVEL TRENDS
- What a man wants: A weekend getaway to Telluride or Las Vegas
- What a woman wants: The beach in The Hamptons or Cape May
- Top destination for 20-somethings: New England
- The 30- to 50-year-old set heads to: the Rocky Mountains
- 50-plus-year-old travelers are fascinated by: Alaska
- The most popular honeymoon destination: The Caribbean, followed by Hawaii
The Readers’ Choice Awards are announced in the November issue of Conde Nast Traveler, on newsstands nationwide on October 28, 2014. The full list is published exclusively online, at www.CNTraveler.com/rca.
The Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) is promoting the annual fall cruise sales blitz now known as CLIA Cruise Week (formerly National Cruise Vacation Week).
Whether you’re a frequent flyer or traveling with your family and need to book a hotel room, use these three tips to better your chances for a free hotel room upgrade.
As travelers head to the woods this autumn, they’ll discover that forests offer more than fall colors. “When you’re standing in the forest, there’s a sense of perspective and peace and connection,” says Sam Hodder, CEO of the Save the Redwoods League, a 96-year-old environmental association.